Workplace Mathematics 11
Workplace Math 11 is geared towards students who are not heading into highly academic fields in post-secondary such as Sciences, Engineering, Nursing, Computer Programming, etc. In contrast, Workplace Math 11 teaches hands-on, real-life, applicable Math content and helps develop skills through project-based learning.
Students in this course will examine big ideas in math including financial planning and probability, with an emphasis on problem solving and critical thinking skills. Specifically, students will cover topics such as Combinatorics, Probability, Regression, Financial Planning and more.
StudyForge Workplace Math 11 is intentionally designed for student success, featuring elements such as:
- Video, Audio and Hands-on instruction through videos and interactives
- Practice questions with detailed solutions for self-assessment
- A student notebook that accompanies the instruction, to enhance engagement with course material
- Summative assessments for each module – randomized to allow retests for mastery
- A customized dashboard to let you know which students are most needing your help
- A variety of Inquiry-based projects
- Solution Files & Answer Keys
- And more.
Workplace Math 11 requires that students have completed the prerequisite course: Workplace Math 10.
Table of Contents
Lesson 2: Scale Drawings and Models
Lesson 3: 2D Representations
Lesson 4: 3D Representations
Lesson 2: Coins, Dice and Spinners (Expected Value)
Lesson 3: Card Games (Independence vs Dependence)
Lesson 4: Board Games (Theoretical vs Experimental)
Lesson 5: Insurance Payouts
Lesson 2: Frequency Tables, Histograms, and Frequency Polygons
Lesson 3: Confidence Intervals
Lesson 4: Misuse of Statistics
Lesson 5: Misleading Graphs
Lesson 2: Financial Services and Banking
Lesson 3: Simple and Compound Interest
Lesson 4: Credit Cards and Store Promotions
Lesson 5: Loans and Lines of Credit
Lesson 6: Investments
Lesson 7: Mortgages
Lesson 8: Buying vs. Leasing a Car
Lesson 2: Common Misconceptions – Project
Lesson 3: Manipulating Sports Statistics – Project
Lesson 4: Going For The Prize – Project
Experience a lesson as your students would
Don’t Take Our Word for It!
See What Others Have to Say:
Online Teacher at EBUS Academy
Blended Teacher at Brampton Christian School
- Interactive applets which help foster a conceptual and intuitive understanding of fundamental topics.
- Digital DESMOS Graphing Calculator within the course
- Inquiry-Based Projects such as:
- Making Your Own Animation
- Mythbusting Common Misconceptions
- Manipulating Sports Statistics
- An Unexpected Offer From A Long Lost Relative